The 23 most beautiful African singers
Suave voices, fantastic music, Africa has incredible talents.
Beautiful and charismatic, these beautiful African singers made the land of our ancestors vibrate. Today, Afroculture.net has chosen to focus on the diversity that makes the world live. We take you on a journey to discover women who represent the beauty and talent of the African continent. These queens of “Black is beautiful” music captivate us with their beauty and success.
Discover below the 23 most beautiful African singers.
Chidinma ( Nigeria)
- Date of birth : May 2, 1991, Kosofe, Nigeria
- Songs : Kedike, Jankoliko, Emi Ni baller, Run Dia Mouth, Carry You Go
Chidinma is a Nigerian Afropop singer and songwriter. She made her name by winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa. Her first album is entitled Chidinma. It is broadcasted on Spinlet music platform. Carried by the singles Jankoliko, Carry You Go, Kedike and Run Dia Mouth, it will further confirm her notoriety. On the strength of its success, it has become an essential artist on the Nigerian music scene.
In 2012, at the Kora Awards, she won the title of Best Female Artist in West Africa.
Inna Modja (Mali)
- Date of bith : May 19, 1984, Bamako, Mali
- Hit song : French Cancan( Mr Sainte Nitouche)
- Other songs : C’est la vie, Tombouctou, La Fille du Lido, I Am Smiling
Inna Modja, whose real name is Inna Bocoum, is a singer, actress and model of Malian nationality. She had a huge success in France with her song French Cancan, which was the hit of summer 2011 with its pop and soul sounds.
Yemi Alade (Nigeria)
- Date of birth : March 13, 1989, in Abia, Nigeria
- Real name : Yemi Eberechi Alade
- Hit song : Johnny
- Other songs : Boyz, Bum Bum, Shekere, True love
Nicknamed “the Yoruba-ibo girl”, Yemi Alade is a Nigerian Afropop singer and songwriter. Thanks to her single Johnny launched in March 2014, she has gained notoriety in Africa and internationally. The song has become a hit in Tanzania, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Liberia, Uganda, Zimbabwe and the United Kingdom.
Lady Ponce (Cameroon)
- Date of birth : July 24, 1983 in the Central region of Cameroon.
- Hit song: Le Ventre et le Bas-ventre, Trahison, Bombe Atomique
Her real name is Adèle Ruffine Ngono, Lady Ponce is a Cameroonian Bikutsi singer and lyricist. She made herself known to the public in 2004 with her song “Le Ventre et le Bas-ventre”. In 2007, she won the title of “best voice and female revelation of the Cameroonian scene for her album “Le Ventre et le Bas-ventre”. “Le ventre”.
Tiwa Savage (Nigeria)
- Date of birth : February 5, 1980, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- Real name : Tiwatopena Savage
- Songs : Ife Wa Gbona, Kele Kele, Eminado, Ma Lo, Eminado, Wanted
Tiwa Savage is a singer, songwriter, Afropop performer. She became known thanks to the single Ife Wa Gbona (feat. Leo Wonder) and Kele Kele Love produced by Harmony Samuels. Her style varies and is oriented towards azonto (Nigerian afro-dance), naija music, ragga-dancehall, soul, R&b. She has won 15 awards during her career.
Barbara Kanam (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Date of birth : September 7, 1973 in Bukavu, Zaire (DRC)
- Songs: Bibi Madeleine, Karibu, Congo Rumba, Jardin d’amour, Dada, Djarabi , Réponds moi, Noir&Blanc
Barbara Kanam is a Congolese singer, songwriter and producer. She is a talented artist who writes, composes and produces her music under her own label, Kanam Music. She is considered in Africa as one of the most beautiful female voices. She became known to the general public thanks to her first album Mokili and the song Bibi Madeleine. In 2003 her second album Teti will make her known internationally.
- Date of birth: July 8, 1996 in Bamenda, Cameroon
- Songs : Turn up, Ca ira, Prends Ma Main, Ca Va Aller, Tromper
Nabila is a Cameroonian singer. Her mother is Cameroonian and her father Spanish-Moroccan. In 2014, she released her first single “Turn up” produced by Edi le’drae, which was a huge success. She was nominated for Best Artist of the Year at the Urban Jamz Awards. In 2016, we see her on the cover of “Sawa Romance” by the singer Locko. The song will be ranked among the best covers of the song. In 2019, she is crowned Revelation Of The Year at the Canal D’Or 2019.
- Date of birth : August 15, 1984, Kumasi, Ghana
- Real name : Rebecca Akosua Acheampomaa Acheampong
- Songs : Sugar, you lied to me
Becca is a Ghanaian Afropop singer and composer. She made her name by participating in the music show Mentor on TV3, a Ghanaian television station. Her first single “you Lied to me” was released in August 2007 on the album “Sugar”. She has won the Ghana Music Award, Kora Awards and Channel Awards.
Vanessa Mdee (Tanzania)
- Date of birth : June 7, 1988 in Arusha, Tanzania
- Songs : Closer, Come over, Hawajui
Vanessa Mdee is a Tanzanian singer, songwriter and radio host. She is gaining notoriety in Tanzania by being MTV’s first ever Tanzanian Video Jockey. Then, she got into music with the singles Closer, Come over, Hawajui. She sings in Swahili and English.
She campaigns for the “No more Malaria” campaign to eradicate malaria.
Lira (South Africa)
- Date of birth : Daveyton, on the East Rand in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Real name : Lerato Molapo
- Songs : Feel good, All my love, Ixesha
Lira is a South African singer and songwriter of Afro-Soul style (afro, soul, funk, jazz). She was spotted by producer Arthur Mafokate, who helped her produce her debut album All My Love (2003). She became the first African woman to own an official Barbie doll in her likeness, for Barbie’s 60th birthday. In 2006, she won the award for Best Female Artist.
- Date of birth : September 20, 1989 in Buea (Cameroon)
- Real name : Njie Efundem Daphne
- Hit songs : Calée, Rastafari, Ndolo, Broken, Reflection
Daphne is a Cameroonian afropop singer. She began her career in 2013 and became known with the song Rastafari. In 2016, she launches her album Here to Stay. In 2016, she is nominated best female artist of Central Africa at the AFRIMMA (African Muzik Magazin Awards) in the USA. In 2017, she gains notoriety thanks to her song Calée, which meets a huge success. Very influential on social networks, she is followed by 2 million subscribers on Instagram.
Aya Nakamura (franco-malienne)
- Date de naissance : May 10, 1995 France
- Hit : Djadja
- Other songs: Pookie, Copines, Comportement, Jolie nana
- Warner Music France
Aya Nakamura, whose real name is Aya Danioka, was born in 1995 in Mali. She is a successful French singer who was discovered on social networks. She grew up in Aulnay-sous-Bois in the Paris region. She is the eldest of a sibling of 5 children. In August 2017, she released her first album entitled Journal intime, which was a great success.
At the age of 24, she became famous thanks to her worldwide hit “Djadja” whose clip has accumulated more than 380 million views on Youtube since its release in April 2018. She continues with flagship hits such as Pookie, Copines, Jolie nana.
Viviane Chidid (Senegal)
- Date of birth : September 29, 1973 in Mbour, Senegal
- Hit : Sama Nene, Sante Na Yallah,
Nicknamed the Queen of Mbalax in Senegal, Viviane Chidid is a Senegalese mbalax and R’n’B singer. She is well known because she is the backing vocalist of the singer Youssoun N’dour. In 1999, she released her first album in Entre Nous with the title Sama Nene which was a huge success. Throughout her career, she has 13 albums to her credit.
Charlotte Dipanda (Cameroon)
- Date of birth : July 18, in Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Songs : Elle n’a pas vu, Cœur en cage, Muna, Sista, Kénè So
Charlotte Dipanda is a Cameroonian singer, guitarist and songwriter. She began her career as a chorister accompanying Manu Dibango & Rokia Traoré. In 2008, she released her first album “Mipsa” with the Cameroonian bassist Guy Nsangue. She has four albums to her credit.
Teeyah ( Côte d’ivoire)
- Date of birth : March
- Songs : On di quoi, Trop de Souffrance, Couper Decaler, Je T’aime, Je T’aime, Je T’aime.
Teeyah is a Franco-Ivorian singer. She became popular by releasing the song On dit quoi following her meeting with music producer Kaysha. In 2004, she released her first album Metisse, which will be very successful in Africa, Europe and the Caribbean.
- Date of birth : August 14 in Kaduna, Northern Nigeria
- Real name : Hadiza Blell
- Songs : Awww, Adaobi , Dorobucci, Rock stable, Hold on, How can we be friends, Yaro, Looku Looku, Take kiss
Di’Ja is a Nigerian and Sierra Leonean singer and composer. Her father is Sierra Leonean and Lebanese and her mother is Nigerian. She began her career in 2008 in Canada, participating in the Beat Music Awards singing competition, before coming to Nigeria
In 2009, she released her first single, Rock Steady, which was nominated as the best urban R&B video at the 2009 Canadian Music Awards. She is signed to Mavin Records. Also in 2008, Di’Ja won Best New Artist at the Beat Music Awards.
- Songs : Le mariage, C ma prière
Almok is a Togolese singer. She starts her career in 2011. In 2012, she released a first album entitled “Mon idéal”. It is a mix of afropop and r’n’b. Thanks to her work, she won the prize for “Best Female Artist of the Year” in Togo.
Imany (franco-comoriennne )
- Date of birth : April 5, 1979 in Martigues ( France)
- Hit : You Will Never Know
- Other songs : Don’t Be So Shy, Try Again, Please and Change
Imany, whose real name is Nadia Mladjao, is a French singer and model from the Comoros Islands. After giving up her modeling career in New York, she devotes herself fully to music. When she returned to France, she was discovered by producer Malik Ndiaye, who helped her launch her career. With her albums Acoustic Sessions, The Shape of a Broken Heart, she will quickly become successful in France. She became an ambassador for the association ENDOmind, she raises public awareness about endometriosis.
Blanche Bailly (Cameroon)
- Date of birth : August 8, 1995, Kumba, Cameroon
- Real name : Tatah Larinatte Bailly
- Songs : Killa , Kam we stay, Mimbayeur, Dinguo, Sawa Romance, Mes respects
Blanche Bailly is a Cameroonian afropop singer. In 2015, she released the single Killa. In August 2016, she returns with the single Kam we stay and imposes herself on the Cameroonian music scene. She is considered one of the best female singers in Africa.
- Date of birth :
- Real name : Aituaje Iruobe
- Songs : I wish, No be you, Left for good, Coco Baby, Udue
Waje is a Nigerian singer, actress and composer of Igbo origin. In 2007, she started her career with a remix of Omoge Mi by P-Square. In 2008, she gained notoriety with her duet on Psquare’s Do Me. In 2013, she released her first album called WAJE. Waje participated in a reality TV show Advanced Warning for artists. In 2016, she was one of the four judges for the first season of the Nigerian version of The Voice. In 2016, she won Best R&B Artist at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
Laurette La perle (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Date of birth : February 2, 1989, Kinshasa (DRC)
- Real name : Laurette Ngoma Laperle
- Songs :Gigolo, Siska, Sans retour, Femme amoureuse, Love story, Terminus
Laurette la Perle is an Afrobeat singer from the Democratic Republic of Congo. She became known to the general public thanks to her first songs Sans retour, Femme amoureuse and Love story. She is one of the rising stars of Congolese music.
- Date of birth : April 10, 1987, Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana
- Real name : Jane Fara Fauzzier Afia Boafowaa Yahaya Awindor
- Songs : Forgetting me, Best in me, One of your own, One people – one nation , Jorley, Hold on, Little things, Mamee
Efya is a neo soul singer and actress from Ghana. She is the daughter of the famous filmmaker and host Nana Adwoa Awindor of the television show Greetings From Abroad. She is known to the general public for her participation in the Stars of the Future program, which seeks out new talent. She has won the Best Female Vocal Performance category at the Ghana Music Awards four times in 2011.
On November 11, 2013, his first mixtape, TINT, was released with songs from 2011 to 2013. On April 22, 2016, she released her first Janesis album with the single Forgetting Me. On May 8, 2016, she signed to Starboy Entertainment from Wizkid.
- Date of birth :
- Real name : Oloukèmi Zeynab Abibou
- Songs : Intori, Je me marie, Pour son amour, Omo Mi, Sweet Combine, Chacun à s achance
Zeynab Habib is a Beninese world music singer. Very talented, she is also a painter and choreographer. She is inspired by the “Bolodjo” music of her native village, “Juju music” from Nigeria and “High life” from Ghana. She sings in French, English, goun, minat, nagot.
In 2002, she released her first album “Intori” which means “why” in Yoruba. Then in 2004, she followed up with her second album ” D’un endroit à l’autre “.
On September 16, 2011, she unveils her third album “Olukêmi“. In 2004, she won the “Best African Female Newcomer” award at the Black Music Awards. In 2005, she won the prize for the Best Female Artist of West Africa at Kora.
Josey (Ivory Coast)
- Date of birth : 1989, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Songs :Diplôme, On fait rien avec ça, Espoir, Vendeur d’illusions, Nagniouma, Mise au point
Josey is an Ivorian singer and songwriter of coupé-décalé, afro-zouk, contemporary RnB, soul music and afro-dance. Between 2009 and 2011, she begins her career by performing in a famous cabaret in Abidjan, l’Acoustique. In 2012, she participates in the famous African competition, Castel Live Opera, designed to detect vocal talents.
In January 2014, the Ivorian star released solo the title On fait rien avec ça, which will make her known to the general public. In September, she collaborated with DJ Bonano on “Abidjan la joie” and made a featuring with the famous DJ Arafat on the song “Koba” which is very successful. In January 2015, Josey releases a hit “Diplôme”, with cut and off-set perfumes that will earn her the nickname “Avocate des femmes”.
She won Best Female Hope” at the Poro Music Awards.
- Date of birth : February 20, 1984 in Covè, Benin
- Real name : Bidossessi Christelle Guédou
- Songs : My Praise, Je ne vois que toi, Diyo, Espoir, Follow me, Haya, Guigo, Accro
Sèssimè is a Beninese singer and songwriter. She participated in a reality TV show called Coca-Cola Star Promo in 2007, which helped her start her musical career. Her style mixes Afropoprock, zouk, afrobeat.
In 2011, she was revealed thanks to her album Wazakoua at the international level. In 2012, she was elected best female hopeful of the African continent at the Kora Music Awards.
According to you, who are the 5 most beautiful singers?