Shea butter: a beauty ally against stretch marks
Originally from West Africa, Shea butter is a beauty ally against stretch marks. It comes from the nut of the shea tree. With its healing properties, this natural remedy is used regularly by African women to take care of their skin as a beauty cream. Shea is very useful for reducing stretch marks, scars and skin discolouration because it is quite fat. It is more effective when it is natural.
What are the causes of stretch marks ?
Stretch marks are skin lesions, unsightly scars on the dermis that have not resisted tension, stretching of the skin. They are red or black depending on the type of skin, which appear in the belly, breasts, upper thighs, hips, buttocks, lower back and upper arms.
- They are associated with pregnancy because the skin is often stretched.
- Elles peuvent être aussi le résultat d’une croissance rapide, pendant la puberté.
The benefits of shea butter on the skin.
- 1 / Moisturises and tones your skin naturally.
- Shea butter has incredible healing properties. It is rich in fatty acids and has a high content of unsaponifiables. Thus, it hydrates, repairs and nourishes your skin considerably.
- 2 / Healing and anti-inflammatory effects
It helps to fight against external aggressions such as cold, wind and sun. It has anti-inflammatory effects and facilitates healing by soothing irritated or damaged skin. It also calms the itching or the feelings of tightness with its soothing effect.
- 3 / Helps to reduce and fade stretch marks, scars and skin colorations.
When you apply shea butter regularly. You will notice that it is an ally of beauty, which will diminish little by little your stretch marks, scars or colorations of the skin. Rich in vitamin A and E, it will diminish and blur the appearance of your stretch marks and prevent their development. The best is to use untreated natural shea butter.
- 4 / Helps prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
In pregnancy, shea butter helps prevent the appearance of stretch marks. On an epidermis not suffering from any lesion, this natural remedy will prevent tears to promote the suppleness of the skin. It is applied daily massage daily morning and evening on the stomach, hips. After delivery, it will be used regularly to take care of your skin.
If you want to reduce your stretch marks effectively, we advise you to use raw untreated shea butter. You will recognize it thanks to its strong natural odor. If you can not stand the smell, you can use unrefined shea butter, which is as effective as the crude with a less pungent odor.
How to apply it?
- You can apply it twice a day morning and evening after bathing or showering to significantly reduce stretch marks.
- Buy organic shea butter, pure or unrefined, which you will find in exotic stores.
After each shower, warm it in the palm of his hands to heat the material and apply it to the affected areas.
- Do circular massages on your stomach, hips, breasts and buttocks.
- It will promote the elasticity of the epidermis and effectively fight against stretch marks.
Alternatives to shea butter are argan oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, which are light and nourishing oils to reduce stretch marks.
When you want to reduce stretch marks, remember that it takes time, or even years to alleviate these skin problems. But Rome was not built in a day and patience is the greatest virtue.
What do you think?
Here is an easy and cost effective way to get rid of stretch marks. I have used shea butter regularly during pregnancy and I found that it is not just great for stretch marks but also for moisturizing all over the body.