How to grow Moringa Oleifera?
Afroculture.net present you Newton Amaglo’s advices who explains how to grow Moringa in a square meter. Because given its medicinal, nutritious and therapeutic properties, it is essential to cultivate this tree of life. In the field of agriculture, moringa is a promising sector that should not be overlooked.
Why cultivate this plant?
- Moringa is rich in calcium, iron, potassium, minerals and proteins.
- This plant is beneficial for human and animal health.
- It is an exceptional resource for developing countries.
- It helps to fight against the food crisis and malnutrition.
- An ally to purify waters and cure illnesses.
- Processed or not, these sheets are a new agricultural production potential for income and employment. Moringa is a significant plant that must be used by families and sold on the market.
How to proceed ?
First, you need to measure a 4.1 m2 area of land to recondition the soil in the area being measured. Then you have to dig 2 meters deep.
Then mix the soil with the same proportion of manure and fill it up again. For example, you can mix it with poultry manure.
Filling the area.
Water thoroughly and allow the resulting mixture to decompose for six weeks.
Divide the area into 4 with pieces of cardboard.
Sow your Moringa Oleifera. Mix with grass and water.
Protect demarcated area well from domestic animals.
What are the results week after week?
After 4 weeks of growth, this is the result.
After 5 weeks.
After 6 weeks.
After 60 days of growth, you will be able to harvest and see the leak from your work.
Here is 90 kg of fresh shoots.