12 benefits of olive oil for the body
Rich in antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamin E, olive oil is the perfect beauty ally for skin and body care.
- 1/ Essential to fight against dry skin
If you are experiencing dry skin. Olive oil is very effective in moisturising dry skin. It contains the same healthy fats as avocado and helps moisturise the skin with its vitamin E and vitamin A content.
- Either apply a little oil to your skin with cotton wool.
- Or you can add a few drops of olive oil to your favourite moisturiser to improve its effectiveness.
- 2/ Useful against acne
With its purifying power, olive oil can be very useful in the fight against acne.
Combine it with 1 drop of lavender essential oil before applying it with a cotton swab on the pimple.
- 3/ Effective in relieving itching & irritation
Itching, irritation, eczema and psoriasis often occur when your skin is very dry. To heal and soothe these irritations or discomforts, you can call upon the benefits of olive oil. It allows to repair the cutaneous barrier of the skin.
- Apply it directly to irritated areas.
- Add a quarter cup of olive oil to a warm bath for total relief.
- If you have had a waxing and are irritated. Massage the sensitive area with olive oil. It can even be used as a shaving base and will not dry out the skin unlike soap.
- 4/ Soothes dry hands
One of the advantages of the oil is that thanks to the essential fatty acids it contains. It is effective in relieving and soothing dry, reddened or chapped hands. In addition, they maintain the lipid balance of the skin.
Apply it directly to the skin, massaging to make it penetrate more easily.
- 5/ It is an excellent moisturizer for the body
Olive oil is great if you want to moisturize your body thanks to its nourishing properties.
What to do?
Apply it directly to the body on dry or rough areas (knees, elbows).
You can also use it as a homemade scrub when you mix it with coarse salt.
- 6/ Nourishes and moisturizes dry hair
To nourish the hair in depth, olive oil is a beauty tip to use. It moisturizes dry or frizzy hair considerably.
How to do it?
Massage your hair with a few drops of olive oil.
- 7/ It is an anti-wrinkle
Rich in antioxidants and vitamin E, it has beneficial anti-aging properties for the skin.
What to do?
You can replace your night care with olive oil scented with rose floral water, itself excellent for the skin with anti-wrinkle properties.
- 8/ Fighting the effects of aging
The sun, pollution and free radicals cause a lot of damage to the skin. A study conducted by Leslie Baumann, an American dermatologist has shown that vitamin E helps fight free radicals and maintain younger looking skin.
So don’t hesitate to apply olive oil directly on the skin to have a younger skin and reduce the effects of free radicals.
- 9/ It is a stimulant for the regrowth of eyelashes
Olive oil stimulates hair growth and promotes lash regrowth.
Some tips on how to use it on your lashes!
- Dip a finger or cotton swab into a few drops of oil before gently applying to the base of the lashes, avoiding the inside of the eye.
- Leave on for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and a cotton pad.
- 10/ Cleansing oil
Makeup removers can sometimes be harsh. You can make your own makeup remover with olive oil. As you know, fatty substances (=makeup) dissolve… In fat!
How to do it?
To create and make your own makeup remover, simply mix 50% olive oil and 50% lime water (available in pharmacies) in a bottle and shake well to blend the two phases.
- 11/ Can be used to remove mascara
If you want to remove your mascara, you can use olive oil which is one of the most effective and gentle eye makeup removers available. Because as you know, some makeup removers can be harsh when used around the delicate eye area. Olive oil will dissolve makeup or mascara, easily gliding it out of your eyes without the need to scrub.
How to do it?
Apply it on a cotton pad, then press it on the eye contour for 30 seconds and slide down to remove the mascara.
- 12/ Shaving aid
Shaving creates a lot of damage to the skin. When you shave with only soap and water, it can sometimes cause rashes and nicks.
By applying a lubricant, such as olive oil, you can avoid damaging your skin.
- Apply enough olive oil to your skin.
- Then run your razor over the olive oil-covered areas for a smoother, more moisturized shave.
What do you think it?
Feel free to share with us your favorite body oils?