Niokolo-Koba National Park in Senegal
650 km east of Dakar in the Tambacounda region of south-eastern Senegal is the Niokolo-koba National Park. Initially, it was a hunting reserve. But in 1954, the Niokolo Koba National Park was granted the status of a national park. In 1981, it was classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and a Biosphere Reserve.
With 1500 species of plants, 60 species of fish, 330 species of birds, the Niokolo-koba National Park is one of the most important animal reserves in West Africa. Elephants, chimpanzees, panthers, lions, gazelles, antelopes, etc. can be found here. It is possible to visit this magnificent park from March to May (best period).
What are the different activities to do?
- 1) Discover the animals of the Niokolo-koba Park.
- 2) Hiking in the park.
- 3) The best time to visit is from March to May.
- 4) The park costs 2,000 CFA francs (€3) per day per person.
- 5) Vehicle rental costs 5,000 CFA francs (€7.62)
- 6) Visit the village of Badi with its dancers next to the park.
Do you know this park? What is your opinion about this place?