Holidays in Sal | Paradise islands of Cape Verde
Island of Sal is a very attractive tourist place with its lunar landscapes and turquoise water. This island has 8 km of golden beaches of white sand rocked by an arid nature. It owes its name to the exploitation and marketing of salt, which will lead to its development until the middle of the 20th century. If you are looking for thrills on the waves and idleness, this island is made for you.
Sal beaches are the best in the area. In addition, there are many restaurants to try Cape Verde specialties (fish, seafood and tropical fruits). Osprey, herons and other waders can be seen regularly in the area.
What are the different activities to do?
- Visit Pedra Lume with its salt mines.
- Water sports: catamaran, scuba diving, funboard, flyboard, surfing and windsurfing on the island of Sal.
- Moment relaxation with a massage or mud wrap.
- Discover Santa Maria fishing village with colorful colonial-style houses and golden sandy beaches.
- Visit the first port of Palmeira Island with its lobster farms and its economic activity focused on salt.
- Visit the botanical garden Botanical Garden and Zoo di Terra where there are 120 Cape Verdean plant species, including palm trees, cacti and tropical flowers.
What do you think?