Discover the island of Santo Antao in Cape Verde
Birthplace of the famous barefoot singer Cesaria Evoria, Cape Verde is a dream destination for lovers of travel and ecotourism. Paradise islands, fine sandy beaches, roaring mountains, you will spend a pleasant holiday there.
During your stay, we advise you to visit the mountainous island of Santa Antao. Renowned as the most beautiful of Cape Verde, it is one of the most popular islands for tourists. It is the second archipelago of the country with 779 km2, but it is also one of the least populated islands. Mountains, sea, generous nature, deep valley, land of culture, trekking, you will not be disappointed by this dream archipelago where ecotourism and seaside tourism mix. The nature of this island is breathtaking and spectacular for those who live there.
Its lush vegetation and mountainous panoramas make it a privileged site for hikers.
What are the different activities to do?
- Visit the town of Tarrafal de Monte Trigo with its fishing villages, black volcanic sand beaches and sugar cane fields.
- Discovery of Ribeira Grande with the rope route, the Paul Valley, the Nort high plateau.
- Explore the Paul Valley which is a real garden of Eden where everything grows thanks to ingenious irrigation systems.
- It is a perfect island for hiking, trekking courses.
- Discover on foot the village of Fonthainas.
There is a rich vegetation of corn and sugar cane fields. It is also advisable to visit the sugar cane fields in this region of the archipelago.
How to get there?
It is impossible to get to the island by plane. Only a ferry from Sao Vicente allows you to reach the island of Santo Antao in one hour.
It is also possible to reach it by boat. The connection is made from Mindelo, and the docking is made in Porto Novo.