African scarf, turban, Gele – headwrapping fashion
Do you know the fashion of headwrapping? Are you, like me, in love with the African scarf or the turbans? A true fashion accessory, the scarf has revealed the beauty of women and stylized their daily newspapers. Blue, green, yellow, red, scarves are gorgeous and tie a thousand and one ways around your hair, sizes or arou
But tell me! Do you know how to tie an African scarf? No ! Do not hesitate any more and read this article urgently. You will find different styles of African scarves and several methods to tie them and bring out the beautiful woman who lives in you.
Scarf is a fashionable accessory. In Africa or in the biggest fashion shows, the turban has conquered the hearts of millions of people. So, let yourself be tempted by the headwrapping. But, what is it concretely? Headwrapping is a method of using a scarf as a real head ornament. There is a thousand and one ways of tying and wrapping the scarf around the hair. To each, his style to tie the African scarf. Tie around the waist as a belt, around the neck, as a hair accessory, the scarf has become the most trendy hairstyle accessory. In different colors, it gives those who wear it a sensational style and elegance. In Africa, the scarf or turban is part of everyday life. It is a real fashion accessory for African women. It is often accompanied by a boubou or worn during the ceremonies of marriages, baptisms or others. Many Afro-American celebrities love this fashion accessory and become real ambassadors. These include Alicia Keys, Kelly Rowland, Erykah Badu, Eva Marcille, Chrisette Michelle, and others. Below you will find different ways to tie and wrap the African scarf in photos.
Style # 1 Nigerian Headwrap
This scarf is called the Gele. It is native to the Yoruba peoples of West Africa. The way the scarf was pointed showed whether the woman was single or married.
- If the headscarf pointed to the right side = this meant that the woman was married.
- If the headscarf pointed to the left side = this meant that the woman was single.
- Today, the scarf has an aesthetic value.
How to tie this kind of scarf? Style Method # 1
- Step 1: Make a crease of about 2 cm on the frozen lengthwise. (The gele means scarf in Yoruba)
- Step 2: Place the crease on the front of the head, just at the edge of the forehead and bring the rest of the frost back to the neck. Two straps are thus created.
- Step 3: Tie the straps at the neck. Make sure to leave a longer strap and a shorter strap.
- Step 4: Pass the shortest strap inside the scarf.
- Step 5: Reassemble the longest strap at the front of the head. Make a full turn and tie it at the neck.
- Step 6: Always attach the protruding strap ends behind the head and adjust the top of your headdress.
Style # 2 Headwrapp with Braid in Hair
It is possible to combine the scarf with a pretty African braid, crown, ear, 2 or 4 strands.
How to have this style? Style Method # 2
Material: Scarf or ribbon, lacquer and hairpins You can make an African braid, classic, with 2 or 3 strands. Possibility of also making a braid on the side by incorporating the scarf in the mat.
Step 1: Separate your hair in half.
Step 2: Take a scarf, fold it into a long rectangle and put it at the back of your head.
Step 3: Make a braid by incorporating the scarf into the braid so that the scarf becomes one of the strands of the braid. Tie the braid with an elastic of the color of your hair.
Step 4: Bring each braid over your head and pin them well.
Step 5: Possibility of also making a braid on the side by incorporating the scarf into the mat. (Photo n ° 3)
Style # 3 Headwrapp with a knot at the front
For a retro, chic, you can adopt the scarf with a bow at the front.
How to have this style? Style Method # 3
Style # 4 Different Bulk Headwrapp styles
Some methods to tie the scarf!
Enjoy it my friends! Do you like headwrap?