The mythical beach of Grande Anse des Salines | Martinique
With its beautiful beaches of fine golden white sand, its looming coconut trees, its crystal clear turquoise water and its view of the diamond rock, Grande Anse des Salines or Beach of Salines is one of the most beautiful beaches in Martinique. It is located 5 km south of the town of Sainte-Anne. It is a mythical beach, very well known and frequented by tourists and Martiniquais. A must-see place, this beach is so popular that it receives more than 2 million visitors a year. The name of the Salines is due to the fact that the beach is located near a salt lake, the pond Salines. With its 2 km long, the saline beach is one of the longest in Martinique and the Caribbean.
It is divided into three parts:
- Grande Anse des Salines, the largest and most famous part.
- Small Anse des Salines in the west. The Grande and the petite are separated by Pointe Pie
- Grande Terre des Salines to the east.
Tradition in Martinique.
The two days of Passover, according to tradition, Martiniquais consume a crab dish at the edge of the sea. The beach of the salt works and increases its attendance at that time.
Some activities to do.
- Watch the sunset on the beach. It’s a magical moment with its shades of orange yellow and red colors.
- Enjoy a gentle, warm and pleasant swim.
- Picnic with friends and with the family on a dream beach.
- Take a delicious coconut or guava sorbet.
- You can also buy swimsuits on the beach. There are many street vendors who sell them.
Since this beach is often full of people. I advise you to go early to find a place and enjoy the beauty of the site.
Little more, the beach is equipped with sanitary and shower.
- Pinterest et flickr
Do you like this beautiful beach?
Powered by Facebook Comments