Do you know the traditional Moringa Oleifera plant? Food crisis, malnutrition, various diseases, Moringa Oleifera is the plant you are looking for to face all the inconveniences of life.
Moringa Oleifera: Miracle Traditional Plant
What is Moringa Oleifera?
Moringa Oleifera is a tropical tree of the family Moringaceas. Moringa Oleifera is found in the subtropical regions of Southeast Asia, Africa, Central and South America and the Middle East. There are 13 species of Moringa in the world. Moringa is a thin, fast growing tree (3 meters tall in the first year), with fast branches, very nutritious leaves that are drought-resistant and thrives in very arid areas (eg the Sahara ). This tree needs little water and can survive in adverse conditions. It is inexpensive and does not need sophisticated farming methods.
Its description :
- The Moringa tree can measure up to 10 or 12 meters.
- It can reach between 2.5 and 3 meters high from the first three months.
- He needs very little water.
- It grows faster in temperatures around 26 to 40 °
- At maturity, the Moringa tree produces fruit.
- Once the fruits are drying out, you can harvest the seeds for different uses.
- These seeds contain 40% oil that can be used in the kitchen, as in cosmetics.
- Moringa is used for medicinal, nutritional and therapeutic purposes.
- The whole plant is beneficial to humanity. That is to say, the leaves, the flowers, the roots, the seeds, the oil are very beneficial at the nutritional level, for the men and the animals.
|Moringa leaves||Moringa seeds||Moringa flowers||Moringa pods|
The nutritional value of Moringa Oleifera
Moringa is a plant very rich in nutrients (calcium, iron, potassium, minerals and proteins). But also, Moringa has the 10 animate acids essential to humans. Moringa is both beneficial for humans and animals.
Moringa leaves contain vitamin A, B and C. As can be seen in the drawing, above, Moringa leaves contain:
- 4 * more calcium than in four glasses of milk
- 7 * more vitamin C than in seven oranges
- 3 * more potassium than in three bananas
- 2 * more protein than in two glasses of milk
- 4 * more vitamins A than in four carrots
- In powder form, the leaves are also rich in carbohydrates, fat, fiber, magnesium, protein and potassium.
- You can use leaves, buds and flowers, pods, seeds to enrich food: bread, milk, salad, sauces, pizza, pasta, etc.
The use of Moringa Oleifera
1 / Moringa Oleifera, for medicinal & therapeutic purposes
.Moringa Oleifera would cure more than 300 diseases.
- Skin: It heals skin infections.
- It is a source of energy for the body.
- It strengthens our immune system.
- It helps fight against infectious diseases (eg colds, flu, etc.)
- It heals eye diseases.
- It heals heart disease.
- He heals disorders of memory.
- It heals excess cholesterol.
- It helps reduce swelling.
- It calms the nervous system.
- It heals gastric ulcers.
- It helps lower blood pressure and blood sugar.
- It helps fight against anemia and malnutrition.
- It relieves during a cardiovascular accident.
- It relieves patients with HIV who suffers from malnutrition.
- It helps fight against sexual weakness, premature ejaculation.
- It can treat diabetes and hypertension.
- It is useful for rebuilding fragile bones.
- It fights against deficiencies that cause fatigue, vertigo.
- It allows a mother to breastfeed her infant.
Its benefits confirmed by different studies:
In 2005, a Chinese study confirms the antifungal power on certain parasitic fungi of the skin.
In 2007, a Japanese study states that Moringa leaves improve diabetes. This experiment was performed on diabetic rats.
In 2007, a Thai study shows that Moringa contains antioxidants. In addition, they lower the rate of blood lipids.
2 / Moringa Oleifera, for nutritional purposes and fight against malnutrition
Moringa Oleifera, in nutrition
Moringa Oleifera is very useful in nutrition. It can be consumed by humans and animals.
More precisely, the leaves, the flowers, the roots, the seeds, the oil are very beneficial at the nutritional level, for the men and the animals. For example, it can be used as fodder for animals. You can also use your seeds to make fuel.
Examples of dishes to consume Moringa:
To drink it in tea: you add Moringa powder in hot water. For example, in Haiti, villagers add Moringa flowers to tea. Haitians use it as a cold remedy.
Moringa Oleifera, against malnutrition
Moringa is an essential plant to fight against malnutrition. It helps to cope with the food crisis in many developing countries.
Venant Wanbo, a nutritionist explains, “Moringa is a reality in many households today, it is a surrogate plant for malnutrition and micronutrient deficiency, and only with its powder can we recover the health of a child suffering from acute malnutrition in record time. “
Clotilde Kasowa, a missionary nun, in charge of the children’s home in Kintambo commune, says: “We take care of 27 orphans who are housed and fed here, they never get anemia because they are regularly fed with the leaves and the Moringa powder that we add to cassava leaves, milk and tea. “
The son Marie Tsimba with HIV, was in a state of acute malnutrition Marie Tsimba says that: “the friends advised me to put him under cure of Moringa for all his meals and 45 days after, the results were excellent my son is doing well.”
Jean Bolin Mbo, 68, had a cardiovascular accident. Jean Mbo says it’s the daily intake of Moringa that keeps him alive. He explains, “I have made a habit of eating since I discovered this plant, and I often consume it with tea, porridge, milk, or a sweet drink.”
the incredible story of Maïssatou & his daughter Awa
Maïssatou Diedhiou gave birth to his daughter Awa two months before the end of her pregnancy. The little Awa weighed only 1.5 kg. Mother Maissatou was extremely weak. She was dizzy and unable to produce enough milk for her baby.
She received powder “Nebeday” (it’s Moringa) from the Agada people. She added the powder to her food. And the results are surprising because dizziness has stopped, milk production has increased, and little Awa has begun to gain weight. Thanks to the miraculous nutrition of Moringa, Awa weighed 5 kg (as we see in this picture where she is 5 months old).
The story of Mariama Kamara
Mariama Kamara gave birth to a little boy who weighed 4 kg. At 9 weeks, the baby weighed 7kg 500g, because the Moringa was part of his diet.
All these stories come from the book “The miracle tree” edited by Lowell J. Fugile (1997)
Powdered leaves in milk and with sugar
Fight against malnutrition while eating Moringa
Different names of Moringa in Africa
|BENIN||Bariba||Yoru ara, Yorwata, Yoroguma, Lagalagagundi|
|Fon||Kpatima, Kpanuma, Ma hizhizi, Yovokpatin, Kpano, Yovotin|
|Pulaar||Guildandeni, Latj iri, Egi-lakiliigru, Muringa|
|Nago||Ewé igbale, Ewé ile, Ewé oyibo, Agun, Ayere, Manyieninu, Oyib|
|HAITI||Créole||Benzoliv, banbou bannann, zoliv, maloko, olivier|
| DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO TANZANIA
|Swahili||Mlonge, Mronge, Mrongo, Mlongo, Mzunze, Mzungu., Mjungu moto, Mboga chungu, Shingo|
|Sérère||Sap-Sap, Nébéday, Fuudeex|
|SUDAN||zakalanda. Arabic||alim, halim, ruwag, shagara al ruwag|
In Africa, companies are increasingly interested in Moringa leaf powder. In order to enrich their products with micronutrients.
Do not hesitate to plant the Moringa tree! If you own a Moringa Oleifera farm, donate to children who are malnourished. Thanks to your gesture, you will be able to save lives.
What is the method for turning Moringa powder?
- 1. Take the fresh leaves of Moringa and wash them
- 2. Dry out of the sun (preferably inside the house) because vitamin A is destroyed by the sun’s rays; keep the leaves clean
- 3. Pill the leaves by sieving them and obtain a fine powder
- 4. The powder thus obtained must be kept away from the sun; preferably in a tightly closed plastic container
3 / Moringa Oleifera, for water purification purposes
|1. Dirty water 2. Water purifies / dirt down 3. Purified water after 1 hour||Drinking water is essential in developing countries|
Developing countries absolutely need clean water. It is an essential health issue for its populations. Moringa Oleifera is a miracle tree that purifies water and saves the lives of its inhabitants.
The crushed seeds of the Moringa Oleifera tree can be used to purify water in rural areas. These are rural areas where access to drinking water is difficult. The seeds can remove 90-99% of impurities and microbes from contaminated water.
The use of Moringa is inexpensive. It allows the replacement of chemicals (aluminum sulphate), which are dangerous for humans and the environment.
It is a simple method that cleans the water of dirty rivers. It also has the effect of reducing water pollution and harmful bacteria.
What is the method for purifying water with Moringa seeds?
4/ How to grow Molinga Oleifera in a square meter? (IN IMAGE)
Follow Newton Amaglo’s advice on how to grow Moringa in one square meter.
– First of all, you must measure an area of 4.1 m2 land to recondition the soil in the measured area. Then you have to dig 2 meters deep. Then mix the soil with the same proportion of manure and refill it in the pit.
– Water abundantly and let the resulting mixture decompose for six weeks
– Divide the pot into four beds by crossing a piece of cardboard
– Sow your Moringa Oleifera and harvest after 60 days of growth
5 / Moringa, a growth sector in the field of agriculture
In view of all the explanations cited above, it is clear that Moringa is an exceptional resource for developing countries, as it helps to fight against the food crisis and malnutrition, purify water and cure diseases. Processed or not, these leaves constitute a new agricultural production with a high potential for income and employment. Moringa is a non-negligible plant that must be used by families and sold on the market.
.Moringa can be found on the local market. For example, in Africa (in Senegal, Niger, DRC, South Africa, etc.) we sell the leaves, seeds, Moringa powder. On the other hand, it is difficult to find Moringa on the European market because there is no authorization yet. There are various sites on the internet that sell Moringa.
There are other ways to use Moringa.
- Fodder for animals
- Growth hormone in animal nutrition
- Soap making
- Fuel fabrication (using Moringa seeds)
- Food oil for our kitchens
- Useful oil for the cosmetics industry (example for perfume, soap and hair oil)
- Can use it as a fertilizer (leaves of Moringa)
- For algae aquaculture, wineries, the mining sector, pulp mills
- In the fight against desertification: indeed, Moringa trees can grow in arid areas of great drought.
In conclusion, Moringa is a tree, with multiple uses very practical for the man, but also for the animals. It is a tree that saves lives in developing countries. These nutritional values are exceptional. Moringa is a promising sector in the field of agriculture. We must continue to study this plant and discover all these virtues for humanity.
Come and visit also our online shop by clicking below!
Do you know Moringa? Have you had the chance to use it in your everyday life? For what reasons ? Tell us !
Powered by Facebook Comments