Have beautiful wavy curls with Bantu Knot Out
- Objective: to draw pretty spring curls
Bantu knot out is a technique without heat that can get pretty English curls. Do not forget to use a loop activator product to keep the loops longer.
How to do ?
- A spray of water.
- An oil: to seal your hydration. For example, coconut oil, jojoba, olive, etc.
- A comb with wide teeth or your fingers to unravel.
- Clamps: to maintain your hair.
- A moisturizer or a leave-in to nourish your curls (ex: Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In)
- A slightly fixant cream to maintain the ripples created by the Bantu Knot (ex: Curl Enhancing Smoothie by Shea Moisture)
Step by step.
- 1 / Before starting, wash, moisturize and untangle the hair. After the shampoo, consider applying a leave-in moisturizing conditioner. That is to say without rinsing that will seal the best hydrataion.
2 / Second, divide his wet hair into several sections. Moisturize with the oil of your choice. Apply a styling cream Shea Moisture Curl for example. Its purpose is to define loops. But be careful not to put in excess to not have a “greasy” effect when you break the cabbages.
3 / Realization of Bantu Knots.
Take a lock of hair. Then, you twist each strand to the root and then wrap it on itself. Reproduce the operation on the rest of your hair. When your hair begins to dry, you wrap it with a spray.
When you arrive at the end of your Bantu. You take the tip of the wick and position it underneath. Then, you stuck the tip. For this to work, your Bantu must be tight. If you do not succeed you can always use a rubber band or a small clip. Do not forget to cover your hairstyle with a cap or satin scarf before sleeping.
Tip: The smaller the lock of hair, the slimmer the loop will be. The more tight your cabbages are, the looser the curls will be with a pretty spring.
What time of day do they do it? For example, you can do them at the end of the day and take them off the next day.
- Undo the Bantu. It’s the Knot Out!
Defeat the cabbages to obtain the wavy curls. Separate the hair gently with the fingers with a few drops of oil to bring shine to your hair. When you have defeated all the cabbages of your head, work the volume of your hair.
- more you tighten your little bantu sprouts, the more the curls will be tightened in the form of spring or ripples.
- On the contrary, if you tighten them very loosely, they will be more wavy.
- If you use large sections you will get bigger loops and vice versa.
The advantage of this Bantu hairstyle.
- It allows to obtain beautiful natural loops (Ref Bantu Knot Out), without using the heating objects.
- A useful hairstyle for stretching hair.
- We can do it with our natural hair or on a weaving.
- It can be performed on short or long hair.
- It can be done with or without the gel.
- But the disadvantage, the loops last only 2 to 3 days maximum. And, they take a long time to dry.
- This technique can also be done on wet, wet or dry hair and is preferably done in the evening before going to bed.
What do you think ?