Chefchaouen: the sumptuous blue city of Morocco
he medina of Chefchaouen is a small atypical city of Morocco with unique architecture, which belongs to the field of the mountain of Rif. With its traditional blue houses, whitewashed facades and remarkable Arab-Andalusian architectural gates, the city is picturesque and soothing. In 1415 BC, Sharif Moulay Ali Ibn Rachid, better known by Ibn Joumaa, built the city of Chefchaouen.
For its tranquility, warmth and beauty, Chefchaouen is very popular with tourists. The locals are very friendly and wear the traditional outfits. You will love to stroll in the bluish lavender alleyways, breathe the freshness, walk in the winding pedestrian streets busy and shopping, it is an excellent tourist place in Morocco for the lovers of landscapes and photographs. During your stay, it is also possible to bring back wonderful memories by buying unique local crafts.
What are the different activities to do in the Medina?
- Soothing walk in the medina of Chefchaouen with its walls in indigo blue. Very nice to walk around early in the morning, because there are fewer tourists and the colors change depending on the height of the sun’s rays. Visit the charming place Uta Hammam with its bazaars, restaurants, its shimmering colors.
- See a magnificent view of the city by going to the forecourt of the Jemaa Bouzafar Mosque located on the hill opposite. We go there by taking the hiking path on the other side of the river.Visit the jAcheter of unique crafts.
- Soothing hike in the mountains with a guide.
- You can also discover the waterfall of Akchour for a superb hike and Moulay Abdeslam in the surroundings.
- Namely: some hotels ask for marriage certificates if you come as a couple.
- Visit the gardens of the Kasbah with its towers and their small museum.
How to get to Chefchaouen?
- In the north-east of Morocco, Chefchaouen is just over an hour and 30 minutes drive south of Tangier.
- You can get there by bus Supratours or CTM. If you arrive in Morocco by boat to Tangier, after you take the bus. (duration 3 hours of road). CTM offers the booking of bus tickets online, with payment. You will only have to withdraw your bus tickets at the CTM agency during the departure.
- You can go there by rental car. (2 hours drive from Tangier)
source : www.cultureafro.com
Do you know the city of Chefchaouen? Do not hesitate to share.
Powered by Facebook Comments