Black Panther is a phenomenal success in box office with over 387 millions worldwide
Black Panther is a stunning political and social super-hero movie directed by African-American director Ryan Coogler. As soon as he was released, he hit hard at the North American box office, earning more than $ 192 million in just three days. In France, more than 178,000 spectators went to see him.
The peculiarity of this film is that it is one of the first great superhero movies with a black main character, an all-female army, a casting of a majority of black actors and a black director. It is part of the 18th opus of the Marvel franchise. The film goes further because it tells the story of a black people who have never been colonized and who exist outside any institutionalized racism. Indirectly, it shows a utopian vision of how Africa could have evolved without colonization.
The story of Black Panther is about Tchalla (actor Chadwick Boseman), who after the death of his father, returns home to Wakanda to become king. But divisions will be created in his kingdom because of the mines of Vibranium. An old ill-intentioned enemy will try to take control of the Wakanda and in parallel to loot the ore of Vivranium, because it allows to create a very advanced technology. To save his people and his homeland, Tchalla will become a superhero. For our pleasure, he will wear the black panther suit. Women play an important role in this film. Because our beautiful hero will be surrounded and protected by women like Lupita, Angela, Letitia, etc. It’s like in Africa, the woman has a leading role in the home. She is strong and fighter and looks after the property of her family.
This movie is a cinematic freshness, because it highlights the diversity. Many black actors of talent are in this movie. Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o, Chadwick Boseman, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright and Danai Gurira. We see again through this story, revive the duel between the pacifist Marthin Luther King and the activist Malcom X, in the years 1960-70.
Some figures of the success of Black Panther: (source variety)
- “Black Panther” had a global total of $ 387 million in very few days.
- South Korea led the way with $ 25.3 million, the fifth largest Western title launch in this market
- Mexico was the third largest market with $ 9.6 million, followed by Brazil with 9.4 million, Australia with 9.2 million, France with 7.7 million, Indonesia with 6.5 million and Germany with 6.2 million.
- In the UK / Ireland, he raised $ 24.8 million and is the second-biggest opening for a Marvel title.
- In Africa, he broke records with the biggest opening weekend of all time in East Africa and West Africa. In South Africa, it was the most profitable Saturday in the history of the industry.
- The opening weekend “Black Panther” has already passed the whole series of “Guardians of the Galaxy” in Hong Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. It posted the highest February opening of all time in Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Panama and Paraguay.
- On February 22, “Black Panther” will be released in Russia. March 1st in Japan and China on March 9th.
What do you think ?