Benefits of Garlic In Hair Growth
Since the dawn of time, garlic has been used by men. Used as a condiment in cooking, flavoring and medication, garlic is effective in treating and coping with various diseases. But, garlic is very useful to take care of your hair.
Garlic is rich in nutrients favorable to hair growth
- Rich in copper
- Rich in zinc
- Rich in sulfur and B vitamins
- Rich in vitamin C and iron
- Rich in selenium
In many commercial hair loss treatments, there is copper and zinc favorable for hair growth. A sufficient intake of copper, through rich foods, such as garlic helps prevent hair loss. Copper also prevents graying of the hair. Zinc helps keep your copper levels in balance. It also produces hair cells. Garlic is an excellent source of zinc and copper.
Secondly, garlic is rich in sulfur and B vitamins. Sulfur is abundant in our body and helps improve the scalp’s health and stimulate hair growth. Vitamin B is useful for preventing hair loss.
Third, vitamin C, iron, selenium, contained in garlic, is important for the hair. Vitamin C is used by the body for the synthesis of collagen. It is a protein that supports the hair follicles while maintaining the scalp. Vitamin C also increases the absorption of iron from food. The iron, inserted in the garlic, transports oxygen to the hair. Concerning, selenium, it improves the circulation of the scalp and regenerates hair growth.
Benefits of Garlic on Hair
- Prevents hair loss
- Promotes and stimulates hair growth.
- Improves scalp health
- Prevents graying of the hair.
Various scientific studies on the benefits of garlic for hair
First, a study carried out in Turkey by Iranian researchers at the University of Mazandaran testified to the benefits of garlic in the treatment of baldness. A group of people applied garlic gel to the scalp twice a day for three months. And, researchers have noticed that garlic gel has shown a marked improvement in the growth of their hair. Thus, garlic can help considerably people, who suffer from alopecia (hair loss or baldness).
Sulfur, contained in garlic and onion, is useful for treating hair loss effectively. Researchers in the dermatology journal, have also observed that onion juice brings positive results for hair regrowth.
A study in the Philippines led to the same conclusion.
Brief summary of the study:
- Location: Garlic gel study was conducted at the Department of Dermatology, Booali Sina Hospital, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences in Sari.
- Publication date: results published in 2007 online by the US National Library of Medicine.
- Names of physicians and researchers: Z. Hajheydari, M. Jamshidi, J. and R. Mohammadpour Akbari and Mrs. Alma Atilano Bautista from the Philippines.
- Where: in Iran and Philippines.
- More: A similar study was undertaken by the Dermatology Society and its results were presented at the Sixth World Congress for Hair Research, Australia, in Caims, in June 2010.
- In 2007, another study published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology found that the use of garlic gel is effective in helping hair regrowth.
See the link of the scientific journal here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26212875
Other links scientific journal: https://beta.openaire.eu/search/publication?articleId=doajarticles::5bb64be57ba941c80df7f4a9cfab9b48
What are the different methods to use garlic?
- 1) Direct application to the scalp
Rub the garlic cloves in slices directly onto your scalp
Second, you can crush a clove of garlic and then apply it directly on your scalp by gently rubbing the area where you need it. Let it sit for 60 minutes. Cover your head with a plastic cap and go to sleep. Then rinse your hair in the morning.
- 2) Infused garlic oil
Material: you will need some cloves of garlic and oil of your choice.
Infusion of garlic and coconut oil
Infuse oil with garlic and massage oil into the scalp. For example, you can infuse garlic with coconut oil. Why coconut oil because it improves, repairs the cuticle of the hair and the scalp.
Infusion garlic and olive oil
Boil 7 to 8 garlic cloves crushed with olive oil and apply it to the root of the hair. Store the oil in a tightly closed glass container in the refrigerator.
To fight hair loss, you can use garlic. Rich in iron, zinc, vitamin C and vitamin B6, it helps prevent hair loss and promotes hair growth.
Garlic can be used to help stimulate hair growth when you lose your hair or become bald.
How to do ?
- 1/Macerate a clove of minced garlic in olive oil for one day.
- 2/Filter the oil.
- 3/Apply for a scalp massage.
- 4/Repeat once or twice a week.
- 5/The smell disappears when the hair is dried and washed.
- 3) Garlic as shampoo and conditioner
Either you can buy shampoos and conditioners that already contain garlic. Or, you can make your garlic-based shampoo.
- 4) Simply, use it as a condiment in your dishes.
Come and visit also our online shop by clicking below!
Have you ever used garlic to take care of your hair?
Powered by Facebook Comments